There you go, another page to remind
myself what to do next time I reinstall windows XP to fix the search
within files function that does NOT work when looking inside php files.
On the Taskbar
- HIT "Start"
- HIT "Search > For Files or Folders"
- Click on "Change Preferences"
- Click on "With Indexing Service (for faster local searches)"
- Click on "Change Indexing Service Settings (Advanced)"
- A new Window comes up (you are getting there, promise!).
- This window is called:"Indexing Service".
On the menu at the top of this window,
- hit >> "Action" then
- hit "Properties", another windows comes up (this is the last one, I
- on this last window, select the "Generation" tab then
- tick "Index files with unknown extensions"
- Click Ok.
That's it, close everything that's open.
Now restart the computer and the search within those php files will